Monday, August 25, 2008

Mount Kinabalu Climbathon 2008 - Spaniard wins race second time


KUNDASANG: The 22nd annual Mount Kinabalu International Climbathon held here yesterday saw Spaniard Agusti Roc Amador clinch the win for the second time.

A good dose of luck and experience helped him cross the finish line first in a time of 2:44:47s in the men's category of the 21km race of running up and down the 4,095m peak at the Mount Kinabalu National Park.

Amador, 36, who last won the race in 2002, pocketed US$4,500 (RM14,850) for his efforts. In his wake were second and third place winners Japanese Toru Miyahara and Yokoyama Tadao, respectively.

"I expected to finish well because I was confident during the climb. I was also fortunate not to fall or injure myself. My plan was to reach the peak as fast as I could and to take it slow in the descent.

Continue reading (incl. pic) at: Mount Kinabalu Climbathon 2008 - Spaniard wins race second time

No comments: