Sunday, July 06, 2014

Sabah, Malaysia - What You Can’t Miss!


Almost a year ago already Tom and I were getting ready for our first vacation since arriving in Korea just a few months earlier.

We really had no idea what to expect… we had only been in Korea just about four months and it blew my mind we were getting 10 days of vacation already!

Just a year earlier I had no idea that I’d ever have the opportunity to visit Malaysia and to this day our trip to Sabah, Malaysia is still my favorite trip that we’ve taken since living on this side of the world.

Let’s chat for a second about where Malaysia is and which part we went to.

Did you know Malaysia is broken into two land masses?  I admittedly, could not have pointed out Malaysia on a map if you would have asked me just two years ago.

Malaysia is both of the white parts on this map. We spent our time in Sabah which is pictured here furthest right….can you tell I’m not a map person?!

1. Start in Kota Kinabalu- We flew from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia to Kota Kinabalu. I did a more detailed post about our time in Kota Kinabalu here. The highlights for us included the Gaya Street Market, Kota Kinabalu’s night market, island hopping, and incredible scuba diving in Tunku Abul Rahman Marine National Park.

2. Hiking Mt. Kinabalu.  We decided to hike it in a day BUT if you aren’t up for hiking it in a day or you just want to walk around and explore the park there is plenty to do here to keep you busy! There is also the nearby Poring Hot Springs that had some nice walking/trekking trails & a fun canopy walk high up in the trees of the rainforest. Tom wrote a detailed blog post on getting here, staying here, and hiking Mt. Kinabalu.

Continue reading (Incl. Pics) at: Sabah, Malaysia - What You Can’t Miss!
.
.