Thursday, July 23, 2015

Langkah Syabas Resort, Kota Kinabalu Sabah


I was supposed to climb Mount Kinabalu last June but after the earthquake that shook Ranau and destroyed the mountain trails, that was obviously a no go this time. For the mountain that is. I was still determined to fly out to Kota Kinabalu, Sabah and enjoy a well deserved relaxing holiday by the beach. 

So just two weeks before my trip, my friend recommended Langkah Syabas Resort, an isolated beach resorted located just 30 minutes south of Kota Kinabalu.

A quick Google search of the resort won me over and this post will show you ten reasons why.

1. Beach side location

I wanted something close to the sea where I could bask in the sun on the beach or by the pool with the sound of the waves crashing in the background. At Langkah Syabas Resort, I got exactly just that. The beach wasn't exactly the cleanest as rubbish kept getting washed up to its shores but the sunset views were stunning.

2. Swimming pool right outside the chalet

I enjoyed swimming about in one of the two swimming pools that was the epicenter of the chalets. It was a bit dirty with leaves and twigs falling into it from the hanging trees but I've seen worst and it can't be helped that Mother Nature shreds so often.

3. Spacious private chalets

I absolutely love their chalets. For my entire three days two nights stay at the resort, I hid indoors, locked away from the outside world with just a television, my laptop (and no wifi) and my sister and friend. Just lazy around and emerging only for food and to explore the resort. It was absolute bliss. My deluxe room came with a queen sized bed and a single bed, sufficient for the three of us to share.

(Although by the afternoon of day 2, I started to get bored due to lack of activity option onsite. I only later found out that I could have gone kayaking. Dammit.)

4. Delicious resort food

As we were more or less isolated to the resort grounds (as we were too cheapo to call a cab to go into town), we dined all three meals at their Balcony restaurant which served pretty delicious and reasonable meals for a resort. Western food was their specialty along with their homemade brie and camembert cheese. That's right, this little beach resort made their own cheese onsite and fresh from the source which brings me to....

Continue reading (Incl. Pics) at: Langkah Syabas Resort, Kota Kinabalu Sabah
.
.