Friday, December 15, 2017

Suchens Crap: Dinner @ Hilton Kota Kinabalu


Located right in the heart of Kota Kinabalu, next to the highly overrated Welcome Seafood Restaurant in Asia City lies Kota Kinabalu’s newest 5-Star hotel … The Hilton Kota Kinabalu. It has not 300… but three hundred and ONE rooms ….. I really dont get the 301 rooms thingy. Must be a superstitious thingy or something, which is pretty common in these parts of the world.

It was a Saturday, the 18th of November. It was a gloomy night with signs of a heavy downpour coming soon. I decided to come and try out the food at Hilton KK and also test out my new Samsung Note8’s camera on some food photography without using the ‘food’ mode.

If you are planing to drive there, turning into the hotel entrance is pretty tricky as you have to either turn into the seafood restaurant area and make a u-turn about 50meters in front and come back and turn just before the main road or go pass the hotel and go around it and come back in…. don’t ask me why but then again, lots of things over here don’t really make sense but I still love Kota Kinabalu.

Having gone through the mini maze and arrived at Hilton for dinner only to realise just like most places, my Kombi cant enter the carpark which can accommodate 500 cars but not one Volkswagen Kombi with a roofrack (my kombi needs a minimum 2.2m height clearance). The good side to this is I usually get to argue with the hotel staff into letting me park in the Valet/VIP parking area in front for free (the usual charges for the valet parking at Hilton is RM20 for the first 2 hours….. RM20!!! thats like the highest parking charges in KK I think at the moment, and then its RM5/hr afters) but unfortunately this time it didn’t work. Damn! Maybe it was the beard..

We were greeted with a huge smile and was shown to the lift which brought us up to the restaurant at the top floor where we were greeted with a big smile by Rickey our waiter (and I think he is the bartender too) who brought us to our table.

They have a pretty good selection of salads, burgers, sandwiches, pizzas and pastas but their mains from their wood fired grill looked pretty impressive. Not forgetting their steaks too, which is also done from their wood fired grill.

After ordering a bottle of wine, we started off with the Lobster Bisque and the Herb Crusted Scallops which was simply amazing. I would definitely recommend it to anyone but be warned, the bisque comes piping hot. The scallops itself were simply to die for but I’m not a big fan of beetroot which comes with the Scallops.. even more so for pickled beetroot but luckily my date enjoyed it.

Continue reading (Incl. Pics) at: Suchens Crap: Dinner @ Hilton Kota Kinabalu
.
.